Saturday, December 24, 2011

NYC Liquid Lipshine in Nude York City 582

In my Holiday VoxBox from Influenter, I received this pretty gem, the NYC Liquid Lipshine in "Nude York City". I have never purchased any NYC lip gloss's before so I was excited to try it and put it on right away!

Before I get into the review and more specifics, let me show you some pictures:



Wand


Swatch


Top is on bare lips, bottom is over Revlon Matte Lipstick in Pink Pout

I have never taken pictures of my lips before, so please bare with me!

Have you heard the gossip? There’s a new gloss in town! NYC New York Color Liquid Lip Shine is getting headlines with seriously high-drama color at a seriously low price. Pure pigments give a 3-D effect that’s off-the-charts glossy. Tons of hot new shades, from preppy nudes to bold statement hues – all for less than your weekly fashion magazine.
Benefits (per newyorkcolor.com).
  • Pure pigments, 3D-effect shine
  • Lips feel moisturized
  • Creamy and soft texture
  • Non-sticky
Packaging (5/5):
This comes in your standard lip gloss tube and a doe foot applicator but it's not your typical doe foot. It is flat on both sides which I love much better than regular doe foot applicators. At .24fl oz, it's almost 2 times the size of your standard MAC lipglass.

Product (4/5):
The product itself is very nice. I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 because it's a little on the thicker side. It isn't sticky though. It has a nice scent of vanilla but isn't overly fake vanilla scented. The color is very sheer but also very nice. Texture is very nice as well, not chunky or "glittery" feeling.

Longevity (4/5):

I am giving this one a 4 out of 5 because after I while, I can tell that it's slipping away. I don't typically wear lip gloss for all that long because I end up drinking or eating or something but I can confirm that I have worn this for approximately 3 hours without having to reapply.

Price (5/5):
Priced at just $2.49, this is such a steal. You get double the size of most of your large brand lip glosses and the quality isn't drug store. There are 10 colors to choose from as well so you can own all 10 without breaking the bank and almost as much as one gloss from any other brand.

Overall (4.5/5):
I have never personally seen these in stores (although the website says you can get them at your basic drug stores) but I would definitely pick up some other shades if I found them.

I love that this gloss gives my matte lipsticks a nice glossy finish without changing the colors of the original lipstick.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes