Saturday, February 11, 2012

MyPlatinum Box February 2012

MyPlatinumBox is a new company that just started in February. They had a promotion where you get the first box for $0.01 and if you didn't cancel within 2 weeks of getting your box, you will then be charged the normal $10 fee. I thought I would try it out because a lot of the brands on the site (although they were mostly mens grooming brands) were pretty good quality so I had such a good hope for them.

I didn't get a ship notice for them so I got my box in the mail unexpectedly, which isn't that big of a deal because I like surprises. I will give my main opinion at the end.

Here is what I got in my box:


Lets go through each individual item:

Shaveworks Cool Fix Targeted Gel Lotion x 2 - $??

I got this in my BirchBox once before and gave it to my husband. He wasn't much of a fan. I thought it was kind of strange that they sent 2 of the same item. I will include one in the February giveaway.


SkinnySkinny Tea Tree & Mint Lip Balm - $6.00
I like this. Pretty moisturizing and the smell/taste reminds me of something from my childhood that I can't pin point.


Professional Make-up Eye Liner - $??
Unmarked, unnamed eye liner. It is super hard, almost like a colored pencil. I would never use this on my eye :/


Earthly Body Hand & Body Lotion - $2.00
It smells like dreamsicle which is yummy. I have only tested it on a small spot but it seems pretty moisturizing.


Delices de Cartier Sample - $3.00
This smells awesome. Just what I need, another perfume!!
The breakdown:
Box: MyPlatinumBox February 2012
Price: $0.01 ($10 monthly)
Monetary Value: $11 (not including the cool fix and liner)
Keeping subscription?: No.

I was expecting more from this box. Maybe in the future, once they're more established, I will subscribe again but for now, I was pretty underwhelmed.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes