Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April 2011, a year ago with Birchbox!

I have been receiving a Birchbox for a little over a year now and I found it fitting to do a "Year Ago" series to see what I got in my box in the said month, a year ago. I will also tell you what I thought about each product and so on.

Since I don't really have the items anymore in most cases, I am not going to show all the pictures. I will use the pictures from their website and just list what I received.


Hi there,

This month, in honor of Earth Day, we’ve partnered with our friends at EcoFabulous and greened our box, inside and out. It’s not just about a single day, though – April is a reminder that we should be mindful of our environment year-round. Here’s how we’re celebrating:

Waste Less, Love More

Birchbox helps you discover beauty products you love — no more beauty graveyard of unused purchases. This month, meet earth-friendly products; from skincare to nail polish, these treats show that eco can be effective and chic.

Recycle & Reuse

Every bit of Birchbox packaging, from the tissue to this letter, is recyclable — this month and every month! Many members also repurpose Birchboxes to store jewelry, makeup, and other tidbits. We’d love to hear how you reuse your boxes.

Healthy Body, Healthy Planet

Online, we have tons of articles and videos to inspire you to be more mindful about what you buy and how you use it. Check out what products Zem Joaquin, founder of EcoFabulous, can't live without, or learn how to get beachy waves with our video tutorial. Plus, an easy guide to reading product labels and much more.

PS - You’re holding a carbon neutral Birchbox! We offset the emissions of shipping this box and will continue to do so going forward.

Hayley, Katia, and the Birchbox team
I remember there was so much controversy with this box because of the shipping. This is when most of the major shipping problems happened and even though some people really like(d) streamlite, a lot of people didn't. This box took forever to get to most people and for being "green" there was a lot of waste.

1. Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Full Strength - Full Size: $45.00
I never used this and I remember this being one of the items I was really excited about. I don't know where it went or why I didn't use it.

2. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair Moisturizer - Full Size: $65.00
I honestly don't remember getting this, it must have been a little sachet or something.

3. Lavanila The Healthy Body Butter in Vanilla Lavender - Full Size: $25.00
I didn't use this either, I don't like Lavender and I remembered a lot of people got the coconut one, I wish I had gotten this one.

4. LIV GRN C2C Fragrance Collection in Earth - Full Size: $60.00
This smelt ok, but it wasn't something I ever used.

5. Zoya Intimate Nail Polish Collection - Full Size: $8.00
I received Jules from this collection and really enjoyed it. I love Zoya and since have purchased several from them!

So those are the items I got in my second BB from April 2011. Hope you enjoyed!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes