Friday, January 27, 2012

Birchbox January 2012

This is my 12th box with BirchBox and for some reason, I always thought that people got something super awesome, or at least a cool colored box, for their 12th month. I am pretty sure I have seen people get something different when its their 12th month. I was hoping something like that, I have been with the company for a year now. Other than that, I was pretty happy with my first BirchBox of the year. I know I have heard a lot of mixed reviews, and to be honest, when I first saw the box that I was getting, I was a little put off, but once I saw it, I am pretty happy!

I received box #3. A lot of the other boxes had a Zoya polish in it, which I was hoping not to get because I got all the colors that they were showing when Zoya was having their flash deals, so I am glad I didn't get a duplicate. .

Here is what was inside:


Lets go through each individual item:

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy - $2.03

I have a full size of this (and love it btw, one of my favorite perfumes) so I will be keeping this for the January giveaway.


Larabar in Peanut Butter Cookie - $0.84
I got one of these in my Influenster Holiday VoxBox and did not like it at all, so when I saw that they were in this box, I was thinking "oh great". But I got a flavor I could actually like and it was pretty good. I wouldn't go out and buy more but it wasn't something that I didn't like. I do enjoy getting food once in a while. I know one time we got a KindBar, which I buy all the time now. I know some people got granola and was pretty upset.


BORGHESE CuraForte Moisture Intensifier - $9.93
I originally thought this was a moisturizer, so I opened it up and it spilled everywhere. It is pretty runny. But then I read on BirchBox that its somewhat like a moisturizer primer, which I find silly, but I will definitely try it!


Jouer Body Butter - $2.41
I am taking a total guess at the price since it doesn't actually have the size on the jar (I took a guess of .25oz). This smells like a richy hotel to me, or maybe even a richy spa/massage place. Not a bag thing, just an observation. I can't wait to try it. It is a relatively small amount for a "body" butter so I think it might only last one or 2 times.


stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Purple Tang - $20.00
I have tried these before and I like them. I wouldn't seek them out in the store to buy more but it's a nice product to get in a box. The one I got is a dark dark purple with purple sparkle, really pretty.


Birchbox Magnet
When I saw people got a magnet, I was actually really excited, haha. I wanted one really bad. I love magnets and I put it on my fridge immediately!
The breakdown:
Bag: BirchBox January 2012
Price: $10.00
Monetary Value: $35.21
Keeping subscription?: Yes.

The eye liner makes this box worth it alone, add on all the other little things (which aren't fabulous but worth a try) so all in all, this box is worth it. I am excited to try these new things :)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes