Saturday, January 21, 2012

Paint Splatter Nails

Woo, 2 nail posts in a row, go me!! I have never tried the "paint splatter" nails before and was always really curious. I never keep straws around so when I went to the store, I made sure to pick some up! I thought it turned out ok for my first try, but I can't wait to try some more color combos!!


Right after I did it.


Colors I used.


Colors I used: Zoya Breezi, Mira, Areej and a random black I got from Embers Collide.


Right hand.


Left hand.

I started off with Breezi as a base and was only going to do Mira as a splatter. I painted my left hand, went outside with my polish and straw and I didn't like the effect of just one color so I ran back inside and got Areej and the black. I then did a layer of Areej and a layer of the black.

I went back in, painted my right hand with Breezi, waited for it to dry and went back outside. I found it was much easier to do a nice splatter effect after the nail polishes had been sitting out in the cold for a few minutes. It made the polish a little thicker and the effect was nicer, this is just my personal opinion.

I then topped them with a top coat and this is what it turned out to. I know a lot of people put tape on their fingers to alleviate a mess, but I didn't. I don't think its that big of a deal to have polish on my fingers, it comes right off.

I really like it and can't wait to try more combos. I have so many more in my head!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes