Thursday, January 12, 2012

Julep Maven January 2012

I have wanted to sign up for Julep Maven for a while now but I was a little leery as I ALWAYS buy nail polish and I just couldn't see bringing more into my home without my husband having to move out. I put myself on a no buy nail polish for the beginning of 2012 (unless its limited edition) so I thought this would be a nice way to get my polish fix. This subscription is typically $19.99 a month, but there was a promotion going on and I got these items for $0.01. Yes, one penny (and they did actually charge my card a penny).

I took the quiz and it didn't really give me something that I would like. I looked through the rest of the "styles" and decided to go ahead and get something that I would normally never get, that way I would be adding colors to my collection that couldn't be duped.

Being a Maven, gives you exclusive access to COLOR! You get it first, and YOU decide how often you want to receive your beauty editor Sneak Peek Box. For just $19.99 a month, you'll receive over $40 worth of trendsetting polish colors and cutting-edge treatment products each month customized in a gift-able Sneak Peek Box. Each Sneak Peek Box features new, never before released colors and treatments FIRST to you, before anyone else. Your box also includes hits and cult favorites - the products we like to keep on the top of editors' minds
. 20% off all julep.com purchases. FREE shipping on ALL your purchases. Each box also comes with a surprise and delight element- something to look forward to! Receive additional membership perks throughout the year.
I chose the "Boho Glam" Box:


Came in a nice red box and a "gift bag" wrapping.




Polishes in Heather & Blake - $14.00 each
Blake is a sunny yellow. Creamy and buttery yet fat-free. Heather is a chic platinum greige with a metallic glow. Super excited to try these!!




Glow On Age Defying Hand Brightener - $32.00
I am not sure what a hand brightener is but I have already tried it out and it makes my hands soft. Smells like your typical hand cream.
I also received some samples for their hand cream and hand scrub, which I calculated to be worth $1.32.

The breakdown:
Bag: Julep Maven Boho Glam (January?) 2012
Price: $0.01 ($19.99 monthly)
Monetary Value: $61.32
Keeping subscription?: Yes.

I can't really say if the polishes are worth it yet since I just received this today. (I purchased on December 30th and received my first box on January 7th.) I plan to keep the subscription for a month or 2 more to see what else I can get and to really tell if the polishes are worth essentially $10 each. I will make a post about the polishes themselves after I have had some time to try them.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes